Mary Costa-Pearson


CROCK POT ITALIAN CHICKEN
I have a sad addiction to cooking/baking blogs. Every morning while drinking my coffee I check all my favorite blogs. I have been saving several recipes here and there mostly and sadly all sweets, which is another addiction lol I ran across this recipe yesterday and thought I would try it out, seemed pretty simple, and it was.  I found this recipe on http://thegirlwhoateeverything.blogspot.com/
4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing (Regular is fine but I like zesty better. Sometimes I use a packet and a half.)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1-2 cans cream of mushroom soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it)

Place the chicken in a crock pot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. Combine cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. Cook on low for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.
*I used one can cream of mushroom and one can of chicken mushroom. I cooked a 14.5 oz box of Penne Pasta once the chicken was done cooking I took the chicken out, cut it up in bite sized pieces put it back in the sauce and once the pasta was done I tossed it all together. The kids really liked it and scarfed it down quickly (that could have been just so that they could go back outside) I also browned the chicken in my cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil before I added it to the crock pot 
0 Responses

Post a Comment