Mary Costa-Pearson
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I thought I would post a festive recipe. I am actually going to buy another small turkey just to have with this chutney lol. there were no left overs from yesterday. I think this would be really good warm on some vanilla ice cream or on cheesecake (that was my uncles idea I think he"s onto something! Also on a turkey sandwich with sourdough bread.. YUM!!!!!)
 
  • 1 orange, peeled, tough membrane removed, chopped
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, chopped
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cranberries are bursting. Chill until serving time; freeze surplus in small containers. Makes about about 4 cups of chutney.
1 Response
  1. Seed to Sow Says:

    I think the cheesecake idea sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try this!


Post a Comment