Mary Costa-Pearson
I found this fast and easy recipe for chicken and dumplings. Ever since I was a little girl one of my favorite things that my Great Granny made was chicken and dumplings. Although these are no where close to being like hers, they were still good especially on rainy windy day!!

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about 2 1/2lb chicken)
1(10oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup ass purpose baking mix like bisquick(or if you would like it to taste good try all purpose lol thanks for catching the typo Jenney, for the rest of you I fixed it then put it back per request of Jenney cause she thought it was funny, I told her I would compromise with her so here it is!)
1/3 cup of milk

in a large saucepan combine chicken, soup,broth, milk,thyme and 1/8 tsp pepper bring to a boil stirring occasionally over medium to high heat
In a medium bowl mix bisquick, 1/3 cup milk and 1/8 tsp of pepper just until moistened
drop dough 1 spoonful at a time into boiling chicken mixture, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered  for 1o minuets. Cover and simmer 10 minuets longer or until dumplings are done

0 Responses

Post a Comment