Mary Costa-Pearson
It is such a great day! Rain, wind, candle going, pumpkin spice oil burning in the burner and the fireplace going *sigh* days such as this call for things like yummy soup! So today I am posting a yummy, easy and fast soup recipe! I have never tried this one in the crock pot but I think it you cooked it on low it would probably be just as good, just don't throw in your pasta until a bit before you are ready to serve it, you could also cook the past separately and then throw it in when your ready to eat.

3 Tbs olive oil
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1(26 oz) box of chicken broth/stock
1(15oz) can of cannelloni beans drained and rinsed 
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
1/2- 1 cup of any small pasta
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 ground black pepper
ground beef or Italian sausage also is good in this, as much or little as you like
*grated Parmesan if you like to go up on top
directions
warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the carrots onion and garlic and saute until sift about 2 minutes. Add the jar of marinara sauce chicken broth cannelloni beans red pepper flakes pasta salt and pepper. simmer for 10 minuets. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top
If you like your soup less thick (this isn't too thick my the way) add more chicken broth
2 Responses
  1. Seed to Sow Says:

    OH I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! I love that you are doing this!!! Obviously my meal plan this week is lacking creativity- You know I'm going to be linking my readers over to you when I meal plan!!


  2. thank you friend you inspire me!!!


Post a Comment