Mary Costa-Pearson

I found this on the picky palate blog. http://picky-palate.com/ I thought it was different and thought I would give it a try. I made these to have with Taco's and they were really good. They remind me of the shell that comes with the Gorditas from Taco Bell. As I was rolling them out they did stick a bit so I would suggest lightly flouring your rolling surface and rolling pin.


1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits  (This is the Pillsbury Grands.  I used the buttermilk flaky layers
Roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. It is important to get it to the 6 inch circle so it’s the right thickness.  In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds (I did 60 seconds) on each side or until golden brown.  Yes that is right, DO NOT put any oil in the pan.  You cook them in a completely dry pan.  Makes 8 servings.

0 Responses

Post a Comment